03 February 2009

My style is "Mod"

Sparse but impactful, my home is my showcase. Color is used with care. Furnishings are sculptural, purposeful. Modern style always works in my home.

Modern style is a warmed-up version of contemporary, which keeps the clean lines, but pulls in more color and texture and uses softer materials.

It is interesting to interpret Modern while combining it with other style disciplines. In the past, I have decorated or designed in Modern Minimalism, Modern Spanish, Modern Mission, and, most recently past, Modern Mediterranean (pulling in elements influenced by Greece and Barcelona) and a brief dip into Modern Loft. Now I am working to pull together Modern SubUrban - this one is exciting. I am in the throws of creation. This is my passion.

What's left? you might ask. For the future, I have visions of Modern Pueblo, Modern Desert, Modern Sante Fe ... So many ideas, so little time.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home