06 May 2008


Etre bien dans sa peau. To be well in one's skin.

A sense of balance. A sensuality that ricochets among the senses. A confidence that enhances every moment, keeping one rooted here ... now.

It is without the pressing of should. It is choosing and enjoying that which will bring the most benefit from the resources at hand. It looks not forward nor does it look back. It is a breath ... followed.

I remember it now. And somehow I have forgotten. As I gaze with tired eyes - eyes that once sparked with the flame of optimism and enthusiasm - I see the flesh upon me and it is no longer strong. The familiar glisten of sun kissed skin now reflects liver spots and scars. Taught muscle that flexed and stretched carrying me through time and space now cramps and aches. I have become heavy. I feel pulled to the earth from my dreams.

It is not that I do not love this body, but that I do not know it. Foreign to me, my flesh seems to have morphed in but a moment while I was unaware.

I have aged. And, now what am I to do? The wisdom in my mind wishes to be carried again on athletic wings ... so I shall embrace thus to become nurtured ... and I shall resist thus to become strong.

For help, I return to the pages of The Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth. And, I shall follow the dance of the Five Tibetan Rites. Whirl. Thrive. Be.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home